Thursday, December 13, 2012

Bronze

I'm really happy with how this turned out.  The colors work really well together.  The chocolate brown really looks like metallic bronze with the luster of the silk Crepe de Chine. 

It is Jacquard red label black and chocolate brown dye.  Folded and clamped in the Itajime Shibori style.  I only wet it a little bit before applying the dye so it wicked in to the middle more than some. That is what allows the slight white section between the brown and black.

Another one I want to keep for myself.  All I need now is more places to wear them.

4 comments:

  1. Kim, this is gorgeous! I don't blame you for wanting to keep it for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pattern and the colors you used. Is there a book or DVD that shows how this is folded and dyed?

    thanks!!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't find a web site off hand that has a diagram of how this was folded. I'll try to do a step by step to show.
    I folded the long way twice - so there are four layers. The folded trangles up the length of it. Then clamped with a rectangle board so the tip of the triangle and the bottom edges were not clamped.
    Itajime folding is covered in several books on Shibori. The best book I've seen that covers a huge variety of Shibori techniques is Shibori: The Inventive Art of Japanese Shaped Resist Dyeing by Yoshiko Iwamoto Wada. You will get a lot of ideas from it.
    Also, Glennis has an online class that you can take that has more info on how to do it: http://shiborigirl.wordpress.com/category/itajime/
    And of course, some time at your local library.
    Hope this helps, have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very helpful. Thank you for all the information!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete